In accordance with the Quebec government’s health and safety directives related to COVID-19, we are happy to announce that the City of Westmount will be opening the municipal pool for the 2020 summer season on Monday, June 22.
Due to the very rigid guidelines set forth by the Direction régionale de la santé publique and aquatic organizations, the pool programming has been modified in order to maximize the safety of the staff and the users of the pool.
The pool will open on Monday, June 22 and close on Monday, September 7.
Access is limited to Westmount 2020 Facility Membership Card-holders only and a reservation must be made through the following web link: westmount.org/reservation. The online reservation form will be available as of Friday, June 19 at 8 a.m. Children under four years old without a Facility Membership Card must be registered along with their parent or guardian.
NEW: Only one reservation per person per day and a maximum of three (3) days in advance.
The pool access will be via the Lansdowne entrance to the WRC and there will be no changing facilities available, so bathers must arrive with their bathing suits on.
Monday to Friday
- 60 minute time slots for lap swim at 7 and at 8:30 a.m.
- 60 minute time slot for Senior swim or Senior’s Aquafit at 10 a.m.
- 90 minute time slots for general swim from 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday
- 60 minute time slots for lap swim at 9 and 10:30 a.m.
- 90 minute time slots for general swim from 12 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
A detailed schedule is available on the City website at westmount.org or at the pool desk.
General swim: 75 (includes a maximum of 10 children in the splash pad at once)
Lap swim: 24 (3 swimmers per lane)
Senior swim: 32
Seniors Aquafit: 16
HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
- Wash your hands before entering the premises.
- Showers are mandatory on the deck prior to entering the pool.
- Keep a distance of at least 2 meters between yourself and others.
- There will be no seating on the deck, only in the grassy areas.
- Please respect the waiting lines to access the diving boards, the showers, and the bathrooms.
- Wearing a protective mask in the water is forbidden.
Please note that the pool schedule, rules and regulations are subject to change based on the evolution of the COVID-19 situation and the government guidelines. We ask that residents consult the City of Westmount website regularly for updates.