The City of Westmount is proud to be a vibrant, independent, primarily residential community that, since its founding in 1874, continues to offer a quality of life which reflects the values, hopes and aspirations of its residents and takes into account their varying means and resources.
To this end, the City Council shall
- foster open and ongoing communications with all sectors of the community;
- respond to the needs and desires of its residents while respecting its responsibility to contribute to the success of the larger metropolitan community as well;
- develop imaginative and coherent policies in securing the efficient and cost-effective delivery of municipal services;
- promote both a sense of community and volunteer involvement;
- preserve the built form, existing density and the heritage that is Westmount and enhance its unique physical, natural and architectural environment;
- promote initiatives that protect the health and safety of the community;
- continue its leadership role in implementing initiatives to protect the environment;
- foster opportunities to encourage young families to establish themselves in the community;
- implement its decisions through an honest, competent and dedicated civic administration.