It is the responsibility of the user to become aware of Westmount’s social media policy before consulting or posting information. By consulting the City’s social media pages, you accept the following terms and conditions:
- The purpose of Westmount establishing social media sites is to disseminate information about the City to its citizens.
- The City welcomes comments and participation, but does not take responsibility for any content generated by the public.
- A comment from a member of the public does not imply endorsement by the City nor reflect the opinion of the City administration or Council.
- The publications on the City’s social networks are primarily in French with English translation.
- The social media pages are monitored by the Westmount’s Communications Division to ensure adherence to City policy and inappropriate content will be removed at its discretion. This includes:
- The City of Westmount reserves the right to deny access to its social media pages to any individual that behaves in violation of this policy. The City also reserves the right to report to the appropriate company any violation of the policies of Facebook, Twitter, Flickr or other social media provider.
- While the City of Westmount makes every effort to ensure the accuracy and the completeness of the information on its social media pages, it does not guarantee that the information will always be up-to-date. Furthermore, the City will not be held liable for any consequences arising from this situations.