Request the parking permit online
Click on the button below to access the application form. Before completing it, consult the information on this page to learn about the conditions, the cost and the documents required to obtain the City’s parking sticker.
Parking is limited to four hours on every Westmount street, unless otherwise indicated.
Conditions and requirements to apply for a parking permit
- Westmount citizens (Property owners or tenants) are eligible for a “G” 24 hour parking permit if the number of their vehicles exceeds the number of parking spaces at their residence. If you have available parking spaces on your property or rental location, you will only be eligible to obtain one green “W” permit.
- At any time, the City reserves the right to perform on-site inspections to confirm how many parking spaces are present. The City also reserves the right to withdraw any parking permit that has been wrongfully issued to a resident or if available spaces become available on their property in the future.
When obtaining your parking permit, you must provide the following information
- Driver’s license (with Westmount address)
- Vehicle registration
- 2 recent Westmount bills within the last 3 months (ie- Bell, Hydro Westmount…etc)
Tenants renting apartments or houses or condo owners have to provide the following additional information:
- A letter from the property owner/landlord, confirming that there are no available parking spaces on their property
- ALL tenants must also bring a copy of their lease agreement
When transferring an active permit to another vehicle you must provide:
- The new car registration. (If the car registration is under a different name you must bring in two proofs of residence).
- Bring in the old sticker, or documentation that you’re no longer in possession of the old vehicle.
YOUR GUIDE TO PARKING IN WESTMOUNT
You can download the guide to learn about parking permits, renewal of parking permits, temporary parking, overnight parking, pay-by-plate parking and more. A printed version of YOUR GUIDE TO PARKING IN WESTMOUNT is available at Westmount City Hall and the Westmount Public Safety Parking Permits Office (21 Stanton Street, 2nd floor).
Westmount residents who do not have sufficient parking space on their property, including anyone living in an apartment, condo or similar dwelling, may apply for permission to park on the street.
Permit fees are:
- $200 annually for the 1st car
- $400 annually for the 2nd car
- $600 annually for the 3rd car
* PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PARKING PERMIT OFFICE IS CURRENTLY CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC *
- Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.)
- Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.)
- Friday: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Address: 21 Stanton Street, Westmount, Quebec H3Y 3B1
Telephone: (514) 989-5225.
Renewals can be made within 30 days after the expiration date without the trouble of being considered a new applicant. Please note, however, that the applicant remains responsible for all parking infractions received during this period.
Avoid fines by renewing your permit before it expires.
To reserve for OVERNIGHT PARKING for visitors, please contact Public Safety Department first by phoning 514 989-5225:
- 8:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- 7 days a week
You may also use the internet application between 8 a.m. – 11 p.m. by clicking here.
Be prepared to provide your name, address, the location of the parked vehicle and its license plate number. The overnight parking permission (11 p.m. to 8 a.m.) should be recorded by Public Security before 11 p.m.
Use the button below to consult the interactive map of parking spaces in Westmount for persons with reduced mobility.
Westmount also operates outdoor parking lots at the following locations:
- Greene Avenue between Sherbrooke Street and De Maisonneuve Boulevard
- Prince Albert Avenue near St. Catherine Street
- Tupper Street near Gladstone Avenue
- Victoria Avenue north of Sherbrooke Street
- Westmount Recreation Centre (WRC);
- Westmount Public Library
Please note that special permits are required for the Prince Albert and Tupper lots and that fees for these permits vary. Contact the Parking Permits Office or check our Web site for up-to-date information. In addition, there are significant waiting lists for parking lot permits. To submit your name, please contact the Parking Permits Office.
Please take note that there is a 4-hour limit at all times for permit holders parked in the WRC and Westmount Public Library parking lots.
Residents moving in or out of Westmount can reserve parking spaces for moving trucks by calling the Public Works Department the day before the move.
Special permission is required for exceptional parking on Westmount streets, including temporary permits when a driveway or garage is inaccessible.
AVOID A PARKING TICKET
Contact Public Security first by phoning 514 989-5225:
- Available Monday through Friday
- from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Advance warning of snow removal and the times at which it will be taking place are given by flashing or fixed lights on major thoroughfares and by special notices placed on side streets.
The plastic signs replace orange sandwich boards in most areas of the Westmount, which were typically placed on snowbanks when snow removal was to take place.
Street cleaning occurs on a fixed schedule and parking is not permitted during the designated periods, which are clearly posted.
Leaving a vehicle engine idling is costly to the environment and to you. It pollutes the air you breathe and wastes your money. It’s also illegal.
In Westmount, idling your vehicle for more than 3 minutes within a 1-hour period is banned. Violators could face a minimum fine of $57 for each offence.