Last December, the Québec National Assembly adopted Bill 34 – Act to simplify the process for establishing electricity distribution rates.
What are the terms of the Bill?
- A credit will be issued to all customers who have received at least one electricity bill in their name in 2018 and/or 2019.
- The credit will represent 2.4857% of the electricity consumption billed to you between January 1, 2018, and December 31, 2019 (not applicable to administrative fees).
- Application of a rate freeze for the year 2020 beginning of April 1.
Existing Hydro Westmount Client
If you are still a client of Hydro Westmount, you don’t have to do anything. Your refund will be applied as a credit to your bill starting in March, based on your billing date. The credit will appear on your bill under “adjustment”.
Former Hydro Westmount customers in 2018-2019
You are entitled to a credit for your consumption at your old address. To receive your refund from Hydro Westmount, you must confirm your current address and provide your previous account information:
- ONLINE: click on the button below to fill and submit the Bill 34 form.
- or by MAIL: download the form using the link below. Print and complete it, then send it to :
995 Glen Road
Montreal, Qc H3Z 2L8
Please note that if you have an outstanding balance on your file, the credit will be first used to pay all or part that balance. If there is still more than $10 left on your credit, you will receive a cheque in the mail.
If you have any questions that have not been answered via our website, please contact Hydro Westmount at 514-925-1414.
Depending on the volume of calls, please note that there may be a 24 to 48 hour delay to return your call. Thank you for your understanding.