The TeenZone is a partnership of the City of Westmount and the Westmount YMCA
The TeenZone is a drop-in centre for youth (ages 12 to 17 years old) located at the north end of the Westmount Recreation Center. As a community-minded program, we are committed to providing fun and dynamic social, recreational, cultural and educational activities within a safe and supervised environment. While there is no annual membership fee, there may be some costs for either special events or outings.
TeenZone Summer Hours (until August 26)
- Monday to Saturday: 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday: 6:30 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. (Teen Basketball at the Westmount YMCA)
Teens are welcome to:
- Drop-in anytime and meet some new friends.
- Get a snack after school and do their homework.
- Hang-out before or after their hockey games.
- Come and check their email on our computers.
- Call us anytime and find out more.
Other programmes and activities:
- Sports (Tuesdays and Thursdays).
- Board games, pool table, foosball.
- Two Computers with internet access.
- Special Events:
- Outings and trips.
- Art projects.
- Guest speakers and presentations.
- Parties, dances, and movie nights.
- Teens to assist in our various fundraising and promotional events.
- High school students needing placement for community service credit.
- Field-work placement and supervision for CEGEP and University students.
- Parents wishing to support our programme and act as liaison with the community.