In accordance with the Quebec government’s health and safety directives related to COVID-19, we are happy to announce that the City of Westmount will be opening the municipal pool for the 2020 summer season on Monday, June 22.
Due to the very rigid guidelines set forth by the Direction régionale de la santé publique and aquatic organizations, the pool programming has been modified in order to maximize the safety of the staff and the users of the pool.
The pool opened on Monday, June 22 and closes on Monday, September 7.
Access is limited to Westmount 2020 Facility Membership Card-holders only and a reservation must be made through the following web link: westmount.org/reservation.
The online reservations can be made everyday starting at 12 p.m. up to a maximum of 3 days in advance.
Reservations must be made for each family member individually. For children under 4 years old, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for their membership number.
The pool access will be via the Lansdowne entrance to the WRC and there will be no changing facilities available, so bathers must arrive with their bathing suits on.
PLEASE NOTE: As of July 18, all pool users aged 12 and over must wear a face mask or face covering when walking through the Westmount Recreation Centre.
Monday to Friday
- 45 minute time slots for lap swim at 7, 8 and 9 a.m.
- 60 minute time slot for Senior swim or Senior’s Aquafit at 10 a.m.
- 60 minute time slots for general swim from 11:15 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday
- 45 minute time slots for lap swim at 9 and 10 a.m.
- 45 minute time slot for Senior swim at 11 a.m.
- 60 minute time slots for general swim from 12 to 9:45 p.m.
A detailed schedule is available on the City website at westmount.org or at the pool desk.
General swim: 75 (includes a maximum of 10 children in the splash pad at once)
Lap swim: 24 (3 swimmers per lane)
Senior swim: 32
Seniors Aquafit: 16
HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
- Wash your hands before entering the premises.
- Showers are mandatory on the deck prior to entering the pool.
- Keep a distance of at least 2 metres between yourself and others.
- There will be no seating on the deck, only in the grassy areas.
- Please respect the waiting lines to access the diving boards, the showers, and the bathrooms.
- Wearing a protective mask in the water is forbidden.
Please note that the pool schedule, rules and regulations are subject to change based on the evolution of the COVID-19 situation and the government guidelines. We ask that residents consult the City of Westmount website regularly for updates.