Due to operational constraints, the following schedule is in effect for Montreal’s ecocentres for an indefinite period:
- open Tuesday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- closed Sundays and Mondays.
Before you visit the ecocentre: tips and tricks
- Materials that will be accepted or refused: Sorting your materials ahead of time will streamline your visit. Before making your way to an ecocentre, click here
- Download Recyc-Québec’s Ça va où? app to find drop-off locations for light bulbs, paint, batteries, tires, etc.
- Make the most of the curbside collection of bulky items; you must advise the Public Works Department in advance by completing the online form
- Instead of throwing things out, consider the many options for reuse.
Ecocentres are meant for the repurposing and recycling of residual materials. They are open to the entire population of the urban agglomeration of Montréal. They accept, among other materials, construction and renovation residue, household hazardous waste and reusable items. Ecocentres thus redirect a significant amount of residual materials from landfills.