One of the most important operations during the winter months involves the loading and transportation of snow from sidewalks, pedestrian crosswalks, bicycle paths and roadways. In an effort to improve these operations on streets with significant commercial or institutional activity, the following modifications will be made to the work hours:
- Preparatory activities required for snow loading operations will begin at 3 am;
- Snow loading and transportation operations will begin at 5 am.
Changes will be made to the posted road signage to reflect the new parking restrictions which will be in effect only during snow loading operations. As per the map below, the streets targeted by this change are:
On both sides of the street:
- Sherbrooke between the City’s west limit and Roslyn;
- Victoria between Ste-Catherine and Sherbrooke;
- Ste-Catherine between Clarke and the City’s east limit;
- Wood between Ste-Catherine and de Maisonneuve;
- Greene between Ste-Catherine and Sherbrooke;
On one side of the street:
- Sherbrooke between Roslyn and the City’s east limit – south side only;
- Dorchester between Greene and Ste-Catherine – north side only.
The goal of this initiative is to improve the quality and efficiency of the snow loading and transportation operations, maximize the safety of pedestrians, cyclists and motorists, reduce congestion during the morning rush hour and free up parking spaces in a timelier manner.
We are counting on everyone’s collaboration to ensure these operations are carried out quickly, efficiently and safely throughout the winter season.