Required documents for review:
- * A letter describing the scope of the proposed work;
- *A letter from the building owner authorizing the permit application, if the request is made by a third party;
- *A letter from the association of co-owners authorizing the proposed modification(s);
- *Clear and colour photographs of the property showing the existing conditions prior to the work;
- *Architectural type drawings, scaled and dimensioned, showing existing and proposed conditions;
- *Detailed calculations of the floor areas;
- An inspection report from a licensed professional identifying the presence or absence of asbestos in compliance with the regulation respecting occupational health and safety (S-2.1, r.13), (required depending on the age of the building and the proposed work);
- An official cost estimate, excluding taxes, provided by a general contractor.
The following documents may also be required:
- A sprinkler plan, a lighting plan, sections and a reflected ceiling plan;
- Structural drawings, signed and sealed by a structural engineer (if the structure is modified);
- A declaration form from the Régie du Bâtiment de Québec for any apartment building, public building and commercial building;
- A complete set of scaled working drawings folded to a 8.5 “x 14” format.
This list is a summary. Please note that additional documents or information may be required in order to provide a better understanding of the project and contribute to the request process. (By-Law #1300, article 65, point 14o)
Once you have gathered all the information please open your file at the Urban Planning Counter in City Hall or open an online application.
- The fee for the document analysis is 55$; the cost of the permit is separate.
- The cost of the permit is calculated from the cost of work.
- The applicant will receive a follow-up via email.
- Your permit will be issued at City hall or sent be email.
Information you need to bring:
- A detailed construction cost, excluding taxes, as provided by the general contractor (tariffs By-law).
- All other documentation requested that needs to be deposited prior to the issuance of a permit (ex. RBQ form, a site management document, asbestos report, sidewalk deposit, …).
No exterior changes to a building or a property.
Need help with applying for a permit online? Here is a step-by-step guide