The household hazardous waste collection will take place on Saturday, October 2nd, between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. in the Westmount Public Library parking lot at 4574 Sherbrooke Street West.
The same day, electronic waste will also be collected by EPRA-Quebec’s Recycle my electronics program. Electronic waste, no to confuse with simple electric appliances, includes computers, phones, printers, etc.
Instructions for the collection:
- Put your hazardous waste in the trunk of your vehicle and make sure that the products are well organized (not in bulk), in sealed containers, and separated from each other (CAUTION: Pool chlorine must absolutely be separated from other products);
- You must have proof of residence on the territory of the agglomeration of Montreal to enter the depot site;
- Turn off the vehicle’s engine and open the trunk so employees can remove the products;
- Stay in the vehicle at all times:
- if you absolutely must get out of your vehicle, make sure you wear a mask and respect a distance of 2 meters from the employees;
- if you must give information to employees, please do so while remaining in your vehicle;
Household hazardous waste is also accepted at all times in the various ecocentres of the City of Montreal as well as at certain retailers.
For more information, visit the City’s hazardous waste web page.