With the latest announcement from the Gouvernement du Québec, the Westmount Recreation Centre (WRC) will open its doors for General Skating and Stick & Puck activities as of Saturday, February 27.
Those who wish to take part in these activities will have to:
- Have with them a 2021 Facility Membership card;
- Reserve up to 3 days in advance. Reservations can be made as of 12 p.m.
The online reservation system will be available as of noon on Wednesday, February 24
The rink access will be via the Academy Road entrance to the WRC. The door to the WRC will be open 10 minutes prior to and 10 minutes after the scheduled activity start time, participants showing up after that will not be able to access the building.
Only participants going on the ice may enter the building.
No lessons or private instruction will be allowed.
Important conditions for participation in Stick & Puck activity:
- No games are permitted (scrimmage, one vs one, two vs two etc.).
- No gathering of players is permitted, please keep a two (2) metres distance.
- Training with a private instructor is prohibited. No slapshots.
- A helmet with a full-face shield, a neck protector, gloves, skates and hockey stick are mandatory.
- You can make passes with the other participants or receive shots (if you are a goalie) while staying two (2) metres away from the others.
There will be no dressing rooms available, benches or chairs along the rink boards are available to tie your skates. Face masks are required at all times while not on the ice.
The City of Westmount reserves the right to cancel activities without notice if participants violate the rules and health measures in place.