The green waste collection starts the week of April 12, 2021. The City is asking residents to be patient, as it is still working with reduced teams due to COVID-19.
Make sure to place your garden waste curbside so that it can be picked up by the City.
In order for your waste to be collected, please ensure that:
- The garden waste is disposed in yard waste paper bags only (available at local hardware or grocery stores). Residues in any other type of bag will not be collected.
- Or, that the garden waste is placed in bulk in an open container such as a plastic or rigid metal bin. Do not put the lid on the bin so that collection teams can see the contents.
- The weight of the bags and containers does not exceed 20 kilograms or they will not be collected.
- The small branches are tied in bundles (maximum 5 cm in diameter and 1.2 metre long) with natural twine (not plastic rope).
- The Public Works yard at Bethune Street is closed to residents since March 18, 2019. No waste can be brought there.