As of this Monday, April 13, City teams will proceed with the collection of green waste. The City is asking residents to be patient, as it is still working with reduced teams due to COVID-19.
Make sure to place your garden waste curbside so that it can be picked up by the City.
In order for your waste to be collected, please ensure that:
- The garden waste is disposed in yard waste paper bags only (available at local hardware or grocery stores). Residues in any other type of bag will not be collected.
- Or, that the garden waste is placed in bulk in an open container such as a plastic or rigid metal bin. Do not put the lid on the bin so that collection teams can see the contents.
- The weight of the bags and containers does not exceed 20 kilograms or they will not be collected.
- The small branches are tied in bundles (maximum 5 cm in diameter and 1.2 metre long) with natural twine (not plastic rope).
- Like other municipal buildings, the Belvedere Road depot is closed.
- Landscaping contractors are prohibited from working on City territory.
- The Public Works yard at Bethune Street is closed to residents since March 18, 2019. No waste can be brought there.