The City of Westmount reminds all users of electric scooters and electric bicycles to obey the rules of the Highway Code at all times; failure to do so may result in fines.
In particular, users of e-scooters and e-cycles:
- must be 18 years or over;
- must wear a protective safety helmet (bicycle helmet);
- must ride only on roads with a speed limit of 50 km/h or less;
- are prohibited from riding on sidewalks;
- must, in the case of self-service e-scooters, park the scooters only in designated areas marked with painted logos.
For more information, consult the following pages of the Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec website: