In accordance with the Gouvernement du Québec‘s restrictive guidelines, and as long as these are in place, the City of Westmount has made some changes to some of its waste collections. Please note that this situation is exceptional and temporary.
Reminder: the Bethune Street Public Work’s yard has been closed to residents since March 18th, 2019. No waste can be brought there.
Garbage, food waste and recycling
- No change for the garbage, food waste and recycling collections. They still take place according to the usual schedule.
- Bulky items destined for garbage (furniture, couch, mattress, etc.) are still accepted in the garbage collection, but residents are strongly encouraged to keep them for the moment.
- Think about the employees in charge of the collection! Tie your bags tightly, close your bin and make sure it doesn’t overflow.
- Reminder: disinfecting wipes and tissues go in the garbage.
- The Green waste collection started Monday, April 13, 2020.
- The Belvedere Road depot is open to landscaping contractors form 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Refrigerating appliances and scrap metal items (oven, washer, dryer, BBQ, etc.) will no longer be collected by the City and must be kept at home for the time being.
- The April household hazardous waste collection has been moved to June 20, 2020.
- Keep your hazardous waste properly stored for now, don’t put them in the garbage and don’t empty them down the sink!
For more information on every type of collection or to contact the waste management team, go to westmount.org/en/environment/management-of-residual-materials/