The City of Westmount is following the recommendations from La Direction de la santé publique in the fight against the spread of COVID-19. The City continues to provide essential services to citizens, while taking the necessary measures to best protect its residents and employees. Municipal buildings are closed to the public until further notice. These preventive measures affect various services.
- City Hall is now closed to the public until further notice.
- Hydro Westmount, Public Works, and Public Safety Departments are closed to the public, but are continuing their operations.
- The Urban Planning Department must unfortunately suspend its activities for an indefinite period of time. Until further notice, only permit requests for emergency work will be processed. Click here for more information >>
- Snow clearing, garbage collection, recycling and compost pick up services will continue as usual.
- The Westmount Public Library, Victoria Hall and the Westmount Recreation Centre are closed to the public and all events, activities and programs are suspended, postponed or cancelled until further notice.
Please note that there may be additional delays in the processing of claims and access to documents requests.
To limit the propagation of the virus, all playgrounds and dog runs in Westmount are closed to the public. Summit Woods remains open, but all dogs must be ON LEASH AT ALL TIMES.
FOR URGENT MATTERS, PLEASE CONTACT THE FOLLOWING DEPARTMENTS:
- Public Safety Department – 514 989-5222
- Public Works Department – 514 989-5311
- Hydro Westmount – 514 925-1414 for customer service and 514 989-5201 in case of outage.
LIST OF NUMBER OF CONFIRMED CASES IN MONTREAL, BY BOROUGH, LINKED CITY AND CIUSSS
- Click on the tab Number of confirmed cases in Montreal, by borough, linked city and CIUSSS to view the updated list
- The Green waste collection will start as of Monday, April 13, 2020.
- Yard waste must be kept on your property for the time being.
- Like other municipal buildings, the Belvedere Road depot is closed.
- It is forbidden for landscaping contractors to work on the City’s territory.
Until further notice, the Government of Québec is ordering that all non-priority services, including non-essential construction sector activities, and all non-urgent maintenance work, be reduced to a minimum. Please consult the Santé Québec website to learn more about businesses and priority services. For more information regarding permit applications related to emergency work in Westmount, click here >>.
PREVENTIVE MEASURES AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Residents are strongly encouraged to follow basic hygiene measures, such as frequent hand washing, practice social distancing, avoid indoor and outdoor gatherings, and follow all instructions and recommendations from Public Health authorities. For more details, consult SANTEMONTREAL.CA/CORONAVIRUS
The City of Westmount, in partnership with local community services, also offers a number of resources and services to assist and enhance the safety and well-being of older and vulnerable residents, such as Good Morning Westmount and the Vulnerable Persons Registry (VPR). >> Click here to learn more and register for these services.
The City of Westmount invites building owners, superintendents, and condo associations to take immediate action to protect the health of co-owners and tenants in face of the COVID-19 situation.
Please take the following steps:
- Close all common areas such as fitness rooms, swimming pools, party rooms and other non-essential common spaces.
- Disinfect all elevators (buttons, handles, etc.) several times a day.
- Disinfect all common door handles and other surfaces frequently.
- ALL COMMON LAUNDRY ROOMS: Restrict access per social distancing rules (2 metres), disinfect machines, dials and table surfaces several times a day.
- Post Government of Canada notice on when to do self-monitoring, self-isolation, and isolation (download poster at westmount.org/covid19poster)
- Residents returning from abroad must follow the Government of Canada rules on self-monitoring, self-isolation, and isolation. Can not use laundry facilities or be outside their apartment/condo during the required 14 days.
- Clean all elevators (buttons, handles, etc.) several times a day.
We all have a responsibility in the safety of our residents.