The City of Westmount is following the recommendations from the Direction de la santé publique to limit the spread of the COVID-19. The City continues to provide essential services to citizens, while taking the necessary measures to best protect its residents and employees.
- City Hall is now closed to the public until further notice.
- Hydro Westmount, Public Works, and Public Safety Departments are closed to the public, but are continuing their operations.
- The Urban Planning Department is gradually resuming operations and is now accepting most permit applications online. Click here for more information >>
- The Westmount Public Library, Victoria Hall and the Westmount Recreation Centre are closed to the public and all events, activities and programs are suspended, postponed or cancelled until further notice.
- To limit the propagation of the virus, all playgrounds and dog runs in Westmount are closed to the public. Summit Woods remains open, but all dogs must be ON LEASH AT ALL TIMES.
- Snow clearing, garbage collection, recycling and compost pick up services will continue as usual.
- that there may be additional delays in the processing of claims and access to documents requests.
Until further notice, the Gouvernement du Québec is ordering that all non-priority services be reduced to a minimum.
Residents are strongly encouraged to follow basic hygiene measures, such as frequent hand washing, practice social distancing, avoid indoor and outdoor gatherings, and follow all instructions and recommendations from Public Health authorities. For more details, consult SANTEMONTREAL.CA/CORONAVIRUS
The City of Westmount, in partnership with local community services, also offers a number of resources and services to assist and enhance the safety and well-being of older and vulnerable residents, such as Good Morning Westmount and the Vulnerable Persons Registry (VPR).
- The City of Westmount has compiled a list and interactive map of businesses on its territory that are offering services and goods during this COVID-19 period. Click here to see the list and the interactive map of businesses. Business owners may register to be included on this list by completing an online form.
- Safety tips for temporarily closed businesses
- Emergency Assistance to Small and Medium Enterprises – Gouvernement du Québec (information in French only)
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan for businesses
- Close all common areas such as fitness rooms, swimming pools, party rooms and other non-essential common spaces.
- Disinfect all elevators (buttons, handles, etc.) several times a day.
- Disinfect all common door handles and other surfaces frequently.
- ALL COMMON LAUNDRY ROOMS: Restrict access per social distancing rules (2 metres), disinfect machines, dials and table surfaces several times a day.
- Post Government of Canada notice on when to do self-monitoring, self-isolation, and isolation (download poster at westmount.org/covid19poster)
- Residents returning from abroad must follow the Government of Canada rules on self-monitoring, self-isolation, and isolation. Can not use laundry facilities or be outside their apartment/condo during the required 14 days.
- Clean all elevators (buttons, handles, etc.) several times a day.