The City of Westmount is following the recommendations from the Direction de la santé publique to limit the spread of the COVID-19. The City continues to provide essential services to citizens, while taking the necessary measures to best protect its residents and employees.
- City Hall is currently closed to the public until further notice.
- Hydro Westmount, Public Works, and Public Safety Departments are closed to the public, but are continuing their operations.
- The Urban Planning Department is gradually resuming operations and is now accepting most permit applications online. >> Click here for more information
Westmount Recreation Centre
- The Westmount Recreation Centre is partially closed to the public.
- As of July 25, the Westmount Recreation Centre (WRC) will be open on weekends for shinny hockey and general skating. >> Click here for more information
Westmount Public Library and Victoria Hall
- The Westmount Public Library Centre is partially closed to the public.
- As of July 27, contactless pickup service inside the Library is available for Library members. >> Click here for more information
- Victoria Hall is currently closed to the public. All events, activities and programs at Victoria Hall are suspended, postponed or cancelled until further notice.
- Snow clearing, garbage collection, recycling and compost pick up services will continue as usual.
- that there may be additional delays in the processing of claims and access to documents requests.
Westmount residents are strongly encouraged to follow the measures and guidelines from the Gouvernement du Québec and Public Health authorities to limit the spread of the COVID-19.
The Gouvernement du Québec decreed the wearing of face masks or face coverings in indoor public spaces mandatory as of July 18, 2020.
>> Click here for more information
>> Click here to request a mask from the Public Safety department
- The City of Westmount has compiled a list and interactive map of businesses on its territory that are offering services and goods during this COVID-19 period. Click here to see the list and the interactive map of businesses. Business owners may register to be included on this list by completing an online form.
- Safety tips for temporarily closed businesses
- Emergency Assistance to Small and Medium Enterprises – Gouvernement du Québec (information in French only)
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan for businesses
The City of Westmount, in partnership with local community services, also offers a number of resources and services to assist and enhance the safety and well-being of older and vulnerable residents, such as Good Morning Westmount and the Vulnerable Persons Registry (VPR).
- Owners and residents of residential buildings with 10 or more units, please refer to the Gouvernement du Québec recommendations for usage of common areas and spaces.
>> Click here to view the recommendations from the Gouvernement du Québec
>> Click here to download the poster of the Direction régionale de santé publique de Montréal
- Disinfect all elevators (buttons, handles, etc.) at least a few times a week.
- Disinfect all common door handles and other frequently-touched surfaces.
- In common areas indoors (lobby, laundry room, etc.) and outdoors (front and back yards, terraces): continue to enforce the limit of 10 people.
- Residents returning from abroad must follow the Government of Canada rules on self-monitoring, self-isolation, and isolation. This includes not using shared laundry facilities and not leaving the apartment/condo during the required 14 days.
>> Click here to view the quarantine guidelines of the Government of Canada