Purpose of position
The Urban Planning Agent meets and communicates with the public, provides the necessary information, issues permits, certificates and licences and performs tasks of an administrative nature for the Urban Planning Department.
- College diploma in urban planning, architecture or other relevant field.
- Six (6) months of experience in a department relevant to the nature of the job or in a job that has familiarized the candidate with this field.
- Greets and interacts with clients on an ongoing basis, informing them of plan submission requirements according to the type of project planned and in accordance with established regulations.
- Responds to questions from citizens regarding procedures to obtain a permit, guidelines for renovations or construction and certain basic departmental regulatory provisions. Refers clients to other people concerned when required.
- Following the reception of requests to review plans, opens client files and ensures that the contents meet the department’s existing requirements.
- Updates files such as design files, general files, etc. Communicates with clients, as needed, to specify the nature of additional documents or modifications to be made as per instructions from the committees.
- English and French, oral and written
- Windows software (Word, Excel, e-mail, etc.).
Abilities and skills
- Positive approach to customer service
- Interpersonal skills and diplomacy
- Autonomy and excellent organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to interact with various types of clients
- Ability to adapt.