Purpose of position
The work consists of carrying out studies, analysis and calculations; making recommendations; writing communiqués, letters and reports; project design, the preparation of plans and specifications; coordinating activities; sitting on committees; presents projects, solutions and City policies and norms pertaining to traffic and parking in order to obtain the required approvals.
- Specialized college diploma with the appropriate profile and in the relevant field.
- Superior knowledge of by-laws and work methods in force in the City, regarding traffic, signage and accident prevention.
- Good knowledge of Concepts and practices related to road techniques, traffic and transportation.
- Good knowledge of norms pertaining to road signalization from Ministère du transport du Québec and other applicable norms
- Good knowledge of windows Office and Autocad
- Good knowledge of French and English, written and spoken.
- Knowledge of basic principles of related specialties.
- Knowledge of traffic modeling and simulating softwares.
- Knowledge of mapping tools, such as GIS.
- Ability to read and interpret plans.
- Ability to execute sketches and drawings.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Ability to calculate and analyze.
- Two (2) years of experience in a job that familiarizes the candidate with this field.
EXAMPLES OF TASKS ACCOMPLISHED
1. Study requests made by residents, the administration or any other organization that pertains to traffic (traffic lights, signage etc.) parking, the safety of users and other factors related to the field of activity;
2. Prepares estimates, plans, specifications and calls for tenders. Writes technical reports related to his/her field of activity;
3. Participates in various projects’ coordination meetings, proposes action plan and ensures proper follow-up;
4. As an expert, he/she will participate in various meeting with elected officials, residents and other external organizations and present projects, recommended solutions, policies etc. with the goal of obtaining the required approvals;
5. Participates in the revision, rewriting or development of rules, regulations, by-laws and norms pertaining to traffic circulation, parking, signalization, worksite security, roads, etc.