Purpose of position
The work consists of receiving, recording and transmitting by telephone or two-way radio, complaints and requests received from the public and municipal employees regarding the activities of a department, division or section.
- High School Diploma.
- One year of experience in a job that has familiarized the candidate with this field.
Examples of tasks accomplished
- Receive, from the public, telephone calls regarding street conditions, water main breaks, traffic or street light outages, or any other trouble or complaint regarding municipal services or other public services.
- Record the nature of all calls, time received and other relevant information on an index card and do a follow-up; take all necessary measures for these calls to be automatically recorded.
- Receive and relay by telephone or wireless telephone instructions, information on the process of the work or any other subject.
- Monitor alarm console (fire, theft, fuel pump, power, etc. for all municipal buildings) and advise the employees concerned of the alarm going off.
- the particularities of the various public services;
- wireless telephone;
- Windows software.
- Bilingual (English and French / written and spoken).