Purpose of position
The role of the system operator is to ensure the safety of workers and customers on the Hydro Westmount electrical network. The operator must also minimize power outages by ensuring continuity of distribution service.
In addition, he or she must maintain and perform troubleshooting on distribution circuits based on data readings and network patterns. The operator must also participate in the installation and maintenance of measuring and recording instruments as well as electrical equipment.
- Have a college diploma (DEC) in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent ;
- Hold a valid driver's license, Class 5 ;
- Good knowledge of French and English, spoken and written ;
- Knowledge of electrical equipment and installations.
- Have relevant experience on distribution networks.
- Transfer loads from faulty circuits or according to bulletins and operations processes on overhead and underground networks. Assist the fire department on the calls;
- Install, remove and interpret all instruments necessary to locating outages or verifying rotation, phasing, voltage, or metering on the distribution circuits;
- Apply the safety rules and ensure the safety of workers on Hydro Westmount’s electrical network by communicating and coordinating operations, and work with the teams in place;
- Participate in the maintenance of electrical distribution equipment and of substation buildings using the necessary equipment and tools;
- According to the different levels of the clientele, contribute to the development of plans and procedures; either for load shedding, for circuiting, or for load transfers;
- Respond to customer calls regarding outages, damage, emergency situations and, when required, go to the client’s premises to perform a verification using the necessary equipment.