Purpose of position
The work consists of developing strategies for all municipal departments regarding the posting of Web and various social media advertisements, notices, and campaigns to attain the established objectives and provide residents with quality information.
Within this context, the incumbent is responsible for creating and maintaining a social media presence, the management and follow-up of residents’ requests, as well as all Web campaigns. The incumbent must also draft internal and external texts in a style that is appropriate for municipal administration, elected municipal officials, and municipal departments. In addition, must design and implement various technical and artistic work in the graphic arts.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (DCS) in arts, literature, and communication or in media (communications), or any other area relevant to this field of employment.
- Two (2) years of experience that enabled the incumbent to become familiar with the responsibilities of the position.
- Managing several pages set up on various social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.), and establishing a schedule for posting content;
- Designing and implementing functionally and aesthetically, from sketches, notes or verbal explanations, design projects and maquettes for mounting for print publications;
- Writing and translationg communications intended for social media in both languages and ensuring data accuracy.
- Both languages (French, English);
- Job-related office tools on Windows and/or OS;
- Creation of Web, intranet, or other sites;
- Media communication techniques;
- Basic Web integration.
Abilities and skills
- Producing texts pertaining to communications;
- Coordinating the logistics of planning, posting, and presenting various communication activities;
- Maintaining interpersonal relations;
- Sound judgment;
- Communicating in both languages (French, English);
- Working in a team;
- Autonomy and conscientiousness;
- Advising and helping managers.