Purpose of position
Reporting to the Director, the incumbent coordinates various mandates related to the field of municipal urban planning. The main responsibility is to assist the team for the planning and development on certain projects related to land use planning, urban planning, real estate development, sustainable development, and other related areas. Finally, he or she is called upon to work on technical files of the department (e.g.: subdivision applications, regulatory analysis, regulatory files, access to information requests, etc.).
- Undergraduate university degree (Bachelor's degree) in Urban Planning, Development, Architecture, Administration, or any other relevant field.
- Have two (2) years of experience which developed a familiarity with the position's responsibilities.
EXAMPLES OF POSITION TASKS
- Conduct various studies, forecasts, regulatory analyses, and socio-economic surveys;
- Prepare and draft various administrative reports, technical documents, and recommendations, particularly in the areas of real estate development, urban planning, and land use planning;
- Carry out analysis using geomatics’ tools and prepare visual documents such as maps, graphs and plans, in support to the Urban Planning Department’s planning mission;
- Participate in internal or external multidisciplinary working groups, and collaborate and/or coordinate with the main partners involved;
- Prepare and draft various administrative reports and technical documents related to your work;
- Provide support for certain activities of the department’s team;
- Establish timelines for projects under your responsibility and ensure that they are respected within the allocated resources; submit discrepancies to your supervisor.
- Appropriate fields of activity;
- Regulatory framework and legislative standards in force;
- French and English (spoken and written).
Abilities and skills:
- Work in teams;
- Transmit information in a clear and precise manner;
- Careful ear;
- Good sense of judgment;
- Analytical and synthetic skills;
- Monitoring and consulting;
- Broad and strategic vision;
- Communicate easily in French.