Purpose of position
The position consists of issuing, as needed, parking tickets in order to enforce parking by-laws and regulations, having vehicles towed and reporting any irregularity to the regulations or signage.
- High School Diploma.
- One (1) year of experience in a job that has familiarized the candidate with this field.
EXAMPLES OF TASKS
- Patrolling a predetermined sector on or off the street to identify violations of the regulations and ordinances pertaining to vehicle parking.
- When he/she sees a violation of the regulations, preparing a fine using a hand-held computer or other means; issuing a copy of it to the driver of the vehicle or placing it on the vehicle’s windshield.
- Bilingual (French – English / spoken – written)
- Legibly fill in forms and documents
- Observe and record information regarding by-laws governing parking and the towing of vehicles
- Display tact, calm and courteousness