Purpose of position
The incumbent carries out the technical work required to purchase, organize, store, use, and disseminate library or archive resources, as well as to use and maintain the City’s library equipment.
Three (3) days per week schedule
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (DCS) in a relevant sector and specialty
- One year of experience in a position that enabled the incumbent to become familiar with the employment field.
- Documentation techniques
- Oral and written French and English.
- Excellent knowledge of francophone publishing
- Knowledge of the following tools: SQTD, RVM, LC and Fautor authorities, OCLC Worldcat
- Mastery of RDA standard, MARC21 format, DDC
- Understanding of the operating of an Integrated Library System (ILS)
Abilities and skills
- Customer service-oriented
- Organizational and tracking abilities
- Sense of priority
- Team spirit
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- High concentration capacity
- Ease at learning new applications