Purpose of position
The work consists mainly of performing tasks related, among other things, to access to information requests and processing files regarding claims against the City. The incumbent must also process files related to the granting and contractual management under the responsibility of Legal Services and the City Clerk’s Office and to budgetary monitoring. The incumbent must also provide the administrative assistance required in the area of customer service.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (DEC) in Business Administration Technology or Office Administration.
- Six (6) months of experience in a position that enabled the incumbent to become familiar with the nature of the work.
- Experience in handling complaints and/or handling requests for access to documents within a public body will be considered an important asset.
- Upon receipt of a claim or a request for access to documents, opening a file in accordance with the established policies and sending an acknowledgement of receipt;
- Drafting and sending a request for information to the department that may be concerned by the request for access to documents or a claim; sending a notice of claim to the City’s insurer according to established rules, and ensuring follow-up;
- Drafting the City’s position on the claim according to the instructions given and sending it to the parties concerned, and working with the lawyer responsible for the file to prepare all necessary documents in the event that cases are brought to court;
- In accordance with the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information, ensuring the necessary follow-up, and drafting and forwarding the decision to the applicant based on instructions given;
- Opening files on calls for tenders and entering and updating data in accordance with current policies;
- Receiving tenders and helping at their opening; drafting and finalizing minutes and providing the administrative and operational assistance required by the Department’s management;
- written and spoken French and English;
- general office work; various software;
- laws and by-laws related to the position.
Abilities and skills:
- tact, courtesy and good judgement; very strong sense of customer service;
- ability to communicate clearly and accurately; ability to write clear and concise reports and correspondence;
- ability to coordinate his or her work according to deadlines;
- ability to perform clerical work; ability to notice details and identify mistakes in texts.