Purpose of position
The City of Westmount stands out for its green spaces, the beauty of its architectural heritage, its liveliness, and its sense of community. The City's employees work in a stimulating environment and benefit from advantageous working conditions in order to develop professionally and provide residents and visitors with high quality services.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the incumbent acts as an expert consultant to managers and employees in the fields of human resources that are outsourced to him or her, including: workforce planning, staffing, classification and evaluation of positions, quality of life at work, workforce management, working conditions, training, organizational development.
- Bachelor's degree appropriate to the position, either in Industrial Relations or Human Resources Management.
- Be a member in good standing of the Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines agrées (an asset).
- Expertise in the web and social networks (LinkedIn).
- Knowledge of legal procedures and standards; laws and regulations relating thereto.
- Knowledge of both French and English (spoken and written).
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in personnel recruitment.
- Provide expert advice to managers to enable them to fulfill their roles in human resources management, staffing, training, and organizational development;
- Provide an advisory role in the analysis of staffing and training needs and in the development of structures, formulate the diagnoses, establish the workforce plan in partnership with managers, and manage the workforce movements according to operational and budgetary priorities;
- Coordinate the entire staffing process, the needs assessment, the recruitment strategy, the postings, the preparation of tests and interviews, the recruitment, the selection, and the hiring;
- Develop, propose and coordinate innovative and proactive talent acquisition strategies in a context of labour scarcity and management of the Equal Access to Employment Program (EAEP);
- Coordinate the welcome, integration and training process (in health and safety, various work techniques, Kronos etc.) of new employees by ensuring that all parties involved have received the necessary instructions;
- Conduct the necessary analysis, investigations and representations upon reception of requests for reclassification and/or classification grievances;
- Coordinate the performance evaluation and development process for all unionized employees;
- Conduct exit interviews to identify the aspects that lead employees to leave. Develop improvement strategies as a result of these interviews to reduce the turnover rate.