Purpose of position
The work consists of inspecting indoor and outdoor City sites, to inform the public if necessary and to ensure that both staff and public comply with the usage regulations of the facilities and activity rules.
- High School Diploma.
- A valid certificate attesting to 12 to 15 hours of training in first aid recognized by one of the following organizations: Royal Life Saving Society Canada, Canadian Red Cross, or St. John Ambulance, including about six (6) hours in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) with the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Québec.
- Less than six months of experience.
- Inspecting indoor and outdoor sites to ensure order is kept and compliance with the rules on using these facilities; taking the necessary measures to keep these sites safe and in good condition.
- Escorting some people to a specific destination, either to guide them or to prevent them from entering other spaces.
- Providing clients with access to the premises and equipment required for the smooth operations of activities, while respecting the established standards.
- Ensuring control of the keys under him or her responsibility.
- First aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation techniques;
- Rules on using the various facilities;
- French and English (spoken and written).
Abilities and skills
- Ability to maintain order;
- Facility to interact with a varied client base;
- Ability to work with the public with empathy;
- Sense of tact and courtesy.