Purpose of position
The work consists of carrying out studies, analysis and calculations; making recommendations; writing communiqués, letters and reports; project design, the preparation of plans and specifications; coordinating activities; sitting on committees; presents projects, solutions and City policies and norms pertaining to traffic and parking in order to obtain the required approvals.
Examples of tasks accomplished:
1. Analyzes administrative or technical dossiers before they are presented to decision-making bodies and obtains, if necessary, additional comments, reports or opinions to supplement them; brings to the City Clerk’s attention, or the Assistant-City Clerk, any discrepancies found in the comments and directives received from the different services;
2. Provides the various municipal services with the appropriate technical or information requested after having brought and discussing same with his or her superior;
3. Draft the minutes and resolutions arising out of the deliberation of the Municipal Council, including the question period as well as any other meeting as required; prepares the layout of the agenda and follows up on those meetings;
4. Drafts regulations; maintains up-to-date the register of by-laws and their files; ensures the appropriate follow-up regarding the administrative coding of by-laws, and maintains a chronological and alphabetical list of by-laws;
5. Acts as commissioner of oaths and perform duties as required; issues certificates of life and residence according to current policies
Abilities and skills:
• To be tactful and courteous;
• Demonstrate initiative and decision-making;
• Carry out analytical, research and synthesis work;
• Writing clear and concise reports;
• To communicate in writing and verbally, in both languages (French / English).
- Hold a college diploma in legal skills or any other relevant discipline (the diploma cannot be compensated by the combination of education and experience).
- Knowledge of microcomputers, including softwares such as Microsoft Office; knowledge of software “Paperless Council – BeeOn” will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of the scope and activities of municipal services;
- Knowledge of guidelines and documents of administrative nature that may affect the content of the files under its jurisdiction;
- Knowledge of methods of analysis and research;
- French and English.
- Possess two (2) years of experience in a job that allowed you to become familiar with the field of employment, preferably in a municipal environment.
|Eliminatory Written Test Passing Mark : 70%||Interview Passing Mark : 70%|
|Knowledge of field in question||Experience||Oral Communication in both languages|
|Customer Service||Problem solving||Analysis|
|Written Communication in both languages||General knowledge||Research, control|
|Technical knowledge||Autonomy and Initiative|