Purpose of position
Maternity leave replacement
The work consists of carrying out a range of tasks relating to the management of active, semi-active, and historical documents, according to established standards and procedures. It consists of assisting analysts in developing and carrying out projects, taking part in implementing and updating document classification plans and the retention schedule; it also involves organizing and providing training activities, and ensuring the application of retention procedures by the departments, as well as the gathering, organizing, and presenting of data in a systematic manner
- Diploma of Collegial Studies in documentation techniques or a university certificate in administrative documentation a and archives management.
- At least one year of experience in work that enabled the incumbent to become familiar with the field.
Examples of tasks accomplished
- Ensures the application of documentation management standards and procedures in terms of document classification, disposition and retrieval tools.
- Prepares or takes part in the preparation of the contents of boxes leading up to their transfer to the semi-active document deposit site, to the archives, or for microfilming or digitization; sorts their contents, identifies, classifies the files and documents; checks transfer forms.
- Ensures the compliance of boxes and stores and classifies the boxes according to the retention addresses attributed to them based on the established system; is called upon to lift boxes of documents and to move them using an electric cart.
- Ensures the archiving of documents of permanent value according to the policies in force in the City.
- Documentation and archives management techniques;
- Municipal administration;
- French and English written and spoken;
- Office techniques and knowledge of documentation and archival software.
Abilities and Skills
- Excellent communications skills;
- Meticulousness and accuracy;
- Creativity and imagination;
- Sound judgment, tact, and courtesy;
- Rigorous attention to detail.