Purpose of position
The main responsibility is to analyze and write reports related to his field of expertise in sustainable urban planning and to propose necessary modifications to urban planning by-laws or any other by-law having an impact on sustainable development of the territory. In addition, the incumbent ensures to propose efficient processes and procedures in order to continuously improve customer service.
- Bachelor's degree in Urban Planning.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of experience relevant to the job, including relevant experience as a team manager, preferably in a municipal sector;
- Application of laws and regulations affecting land use planning and development.
- Advise his superior on issues, the development of a strategic vision and its implementation, and advises on the development of City policies, directives and guidelines for the effective pursuit of City objectives and the achievement of the City’s mandate;
- Manages the human, financial, material and informational resources of his division and participates in the preparation of the department’s budget and submits his recommendations;
- Manages activities related to regulation, urban planning, design, heritage and architecture;
- Optimizes work methods and procedures related to planning, coordination and control of activities under his responsibility;
- Develops innovative tools for the analysis and weighting of discretionary urban planning tools;
- Assists his immediate superior in the conception and evaluation of private and public development projects in the areas of urban planning, architecture, urban design and sustainable development, both in terms of concepts and development proposals.
- Appropriate fields of activity;
- Regulatory framework and legislative standards in force;
- Both languages (fluency in French and English) spoken and written.
Abilities and skills:
- Sense of collaboration and teamwork;
- Ability to judge;
- Efficiency, rigor and integrity;
- Ability to analyze and synthesize;
- Ability to create and innovate;
- Political sense;
- Efficiency under pressure.
- Being a member of the Ordre professionnel des urbanistes du Québec;
- Have skills in cartography and graphic design;
- Familiarity with ARC GIS software;
- Have knowledge of the adobe suite (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design, etc.).