Purpose of position
The work consists of carrying out various technical and administrative work related to the design, development, and execution of projects related to the management of the electrical distribution and outdoor lighting.
In this context, the incumbent must consolidate the technical data and information concerning the electricity distribution network in order to ensure proper management and planning.
- The position requires a diploma of specialized technical college studies (DEC) in an appropriate sector and profile.
- The position requires two (2) years to less than three (3) years of experience.
EXAMPLES OF TASKS TO BE ACCOMPLISHED
1. Conduct surveys, verifications, analyses required for the design, development and completion of lighting and signage projects and programs; produce the appropriate findings or recommendation reports.
2. Prepare and evaluate, on the basis of the elements and observations collected by him/herself or provided by engineers, plans and specifications for repair and modification work.
3. Establish cost estimates, prepare estimates of the quantities of materials and labour required, and obtain information from manufacturers about the costs of various equipment.
4. Develop, taking into account the concepts of other disciplines, projects involving the electrical distribution system and outdoor lighting, while complying with relevant standards, regulations and codes.
5. Participate in designing diagrams for the electrical distribution and control network in order to facilitate the interpretation of drawings and other tender documents.
- Electrical systems and equipment;
- Regulations governing electrical installations;
- Drawing (Autocad) and distribution and control diagrams.
Good knowledge of:
- Drafting of specifications;
- Estimation and evaluation of work costs;
- French spoken and written;
Skills and abilities:
- Use of instruments and tools specific to the field of employment;
- Read and interpret plans and specifications;
- Survey and prepare sketches;
- Be tactful and courteous;
- Write clear and concise reports;
- Consult reference documents in English;
- Coordinate and monitor the work of employees;
- Adapt to new technologies.