Purpose of position
The work consists of ensuring that products are available to the various clients of the purchasing division, by restocking supplies and purchasing certain equipment when necessary. The work also consists of performing tasks related to receiving, distributing, and storing goods, as well as performing inventory counts and providing customer service in a store or distribution centre.
- High school diploma and 3 to 9 (1) course credits in the field of supply chains.
- Two (2) years of experience in a position that enabled the incumbent to become familiar with the field.
Examples of tasks accomplished
- Establishes the criteria for stock piling products depending on the needs identified and the constraints of the market, production, packaging, transport and storage.
- Determines the right moment to initiate and proceed with the restocking of certain groups of products by using computerized reports.
- Ensures the reception of merchandise unpacks and verifies the items, and as needed or if indicated, contacts a quality control clerk and ensures the delivery matches the requests; accepts equivalent products.
- Stores the merchandise after the usual verification; ensures that various data regarding the merchandise matches data in the computerized management system.
- Methods and practices used in a store or a warehouse;
- Nature and use of stored items ;
- French ;
- Inventory control systems;
- Characteristics of procurement in the context of a public service organization.
Abilities and skills
- Ability to consult supplier catalogues and suggest alternatives;
- Ability to identify various items and to match them;
- Sense of tact and courtesy;
- Sense of initiative.