Purpose of position
The primary responsibility of the incumbent is to provide the management of a department or managers with in communication. For that purpose, he/she recommends action plans, communication strategies and provides follow-up on programs, projects or other activities that arise from them.
- • Bachelor’s degree appropriate to the position. Communication or any other related discipline.
- • Have two (2) years of experience which developed a familiarity with the position's responsibilities.
EXAMPLES OF POSITION TASKS
- Prepares the calendars of the projects for which he/she is responsible, ensures that they stay within the allocated resources;
- Provides assistance/advice and liaison mechanisms to managers by recommending action plans, communication strategies and programs, distribution techniques based on targeted clienteles and other internal or external communication activities ;
- Designs, develops, implements, evaluates internal and external communication tools and products, oversees their use and distribution ;
- Supports various stakeholders in planning, distributing or presenting communication activities and coordinates the logistics associated with those activities ;
- Writes, edits and revises or reworks, if necessary, internal and external communication texts, tools or means to ensure they are relevant and effective.
- Mastery of both languages (French, English);
- Urban planning and heritage are an asset;
- Updating websites, social networks or other websites;
- Office technology connected with the job, in a Windows environment;
Abilities and skills:
- Writing communication-related texts;
- Coordinating the logistics connected with the planning, distribution or presentation of various communication activities;
- Managing changing priorities as well as several issues in parallel;
- Independence and thoroughness;
- Maintaining interpersonal relationships and working in teams;
- Having a good sense of judgement;
- Communicating in both official languages (oral and written);
- Providing advice and assisting managers.