Purpose of position
Reporting to the head of Hydro Westmount’s engineering division; the incumbent designs structures and prepares plans, technical specifications, estimates, and the oversight of the department's various infrastructure projects. Within this context, they must oversee the professional firms hired.
The incumbent must also take part in preparing projects, prioritizing tasks, as well as other related department activities, in addition to preparing plans and registers relating to facilities and equipment and keeping them up-to-date. They must monitor and ensure the progress of the projects assigned to them and inspect the work involved for approval purposes.
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering;
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
- Four (4) years of relevant experience in civil engineering;
- Experience in project monitoring in a municipal or other context.
- Planning and design of engineering projects and monitoring the execution of work on underground ducts, overhead lines, and any other engineering project or study in accordance with Hydro Westmount guidelines;
- Designing plans and specifications for Hydro Westmount’s infrastructure projects;
- Producing drawings for civil electrical and underground ducts and structures;
- Preparing estimates for projects and supervising installation work for electrical duct banks, lighting, traffic lights, and manholes, as well as overhead lines;
- Managing projects assigned to them while providing technical and financial follow-up.
- Both languages (French, English), spoken and written;
- Electrical distribution underground infrastructure;
- Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Project Manager, etc.);
- Autocad drawing software.
Abilities and skills
- Problem solving;
- Project management;
- Analytical and synthesis skills;
- Drafting various reports;
- Good judgment;
- Communicating in both English and French;
- Autonomy and conscientiousness; Ability to work in a team.
Proven experience in the following may be relevant or preparatory to the position:
- Underground electrical distribution network;
- Engineering project design (urban lighting, traffic lights, underground ducts, etc.);
- Preparation of specifications;
- Production of drawings.