Purpose of position
Under the responsibility of the Superintendent of Aerial and Underground Distribution, the incumbent manages the operational activities of the unit in charge of construction, repair, and daily maintenance projects for the aerial and underground power distribution grid.
Within this context, the incumbent must plan, organize, and control the activities related to the operation and maintenance of the aerial and underground power distribution grid infrastructure. The incumbent must ensure that the work is done, the materials and equipment inventories are updated, and written safety procedures are in place and followed by the employees.
In addition, the incumbent must supervise contractors and participate with his or her superior in carrying out different special projects by providing the required expertise in terms of the operations and maintenance of the power grid and infrastructure.
The incumbent must also manage the unit’s human, financial, and material resources.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (DCS) in either Electrical Engineering or Electricity, or be a master electrician
- Licence from the Ordre des techniciens professionnels (TP) or the Régie du bâtiment
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience, including at least two (2) years in team management or coordination that allowed the incumbent to become familiar with the responsibilities of the position: Power grid operation; Construction, repair, and maintenance projects on the aerial and underground distribution grid.
- Windows software programs (Word, Excel, MS Project, etc.);
- Both languages (French, English), spoken and written.
Abilities and skills
- Personnel management;
- Acting as a consultant in his or her field of activity;
- Sound judgment;
- Analytical and synthesis skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Developing and drafting standards and working methods;
- Working in a team;
- Developing and adapting the required work tools;
- Resolving disputes and problems;
- Communicating in both languages (French, English).