Purpose of position
Under the responsibility of the Director of Public Works, the incumbent plans, organizes, manages and controls the operational and administrative activities related to public roads, infrastructure of the aqueduct and sewer networks, municipal buildings, parks and green spaces, snow removal, vehicles fleet, etc.
The incumbent must manage, in collaboration with the department’s superintendents, any problem related to the day-to-day operations, analyze the issues, propose solutions and make appropriate recommendations to be considered in the medium and long term. The incumbent is also responsible for all City property which involves the management of related service contracts, including repair, maintenance and reconstruction projects.
The incumbent also ensures the planning and management of the work of the engineering and technical services under Public Works, in order to achieve the objectives previously established.
The incumbent assists the Director in planning various work and projects and in developing policies and strategies for cost efficient and effective delivery of services. The incumbent participates in the preparation of the annual budget and three-year capital works budget and manages all human, financial, material and information technology resources. Finally, he/she replaces the director during any absence in order to ensure the management and operation of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience that has familiarized the candidate with the responsibilities of the position, such as: Managing and coordinating operational activities; Regulations specific to this field.
- Of the application of procedures and regulations related to the field of activities;
- Of English and French, written and spoken.
Abilities and skills
- Managing employees;
- Solving conflicts and problems;
- Interpersonal relations;
- Team worker;
- Good judgment;
- Analytical mind and ability to summarize;
- Control and advise;
- Broader vision of the activities.