Purpose of position
The job consists of performing a variety of secretarial tasks and providing administrative assistance.
- DEP in appropriate field or equivalent
- 2 years of experience in a similar position
Examples of tasks accomplished
- Writes correspondence of a general nature. Checks correspondence to be sent out to ensure that there are no errors.
- Follows up on the advancement of documents and deadlines; reminds persons concerned when necessary.
- Maintains his/her superior’s agenda. Attends meetings, takes notes of the deliberations and writes reports or drafts minutes.
- Carries out other office duties; operates the usual office equipment (photocopier, fax machine, calculator, etc.)
- Bilingualism (English and French);
Skills and aptitudes:
- to be tactful and courteous;
- to note details and pick up errors in texts;
- to communicate with ease;
- to write routine correspondence;
- to transcribe data with accuracy.