Purpose of position
The work consists of performing various tasks related to the accounting of the budgetary and financial operations of municipal services or of a set of activities. In this context, the incumbent of the position has to make compilations, conduct analyses, and for various billings and contracts, research, verifications and follow-ups as part of the production of various reports and the issuance of purchase orders and invoices. He/she contributes to the reconciliation and balancing of the accounts related to the various tasks.
- Diploma of College Studies (DEC) in Accounting and Management Technology, or any other appropriate field.
- Two (2), up to three (3) years, experience in a job enabling the applicant to become familiar with the employment position’s field.
EXAMPLES OF TASKS TO BE ACCOMPLISHED
- Verify various accounting or other documents, confirm that they are prepared according to the requests, tender documents, and the established standards or agreements signed by various stakeholders;
- Record budget and/or financial transactions, such as: credits, expenses, revenues, commitments, balances, denunciations, quittance, etc. to the City’s accounting records; balance books, invoices, or others under his/her responsibility, prepare the appropriate entries, and ensure that the expenditures do not exceed the allocated appropriations;
- Prepare and certify accounting documents related to the payment of bills such as: supply requisitions, invoices from suppliers, etc;
- Analyze the various accounts under his/her responsibility, detect anomalies, make the appropriate corrections, and inform the Director of the concerned department of the situation.
- Accounting theory, principles, and practices;
- Accountant practices;
- Basic principles of reconciliation of accounts;
- Journal entries;
- Microsoft Office suite tools, advanced level;
- Both languages (French, English) spoken and written.
Skills or abilities:
- Prepare statistical and financial statements;
- Analyze the budgets (adopted/committed and actual);
- Provide quality customer service;
- Write clear and accurate reports;
- Plan and organise his/her work;
- Show initiative and judgement.