Claims against the City of Westmount

  • Under section 585 of the City and Towns Act (CQLR chapter C-19), if any person claim or pretend to have suffered bodily injury by any accident, for which he intends to claim damages from the municipality, he shall, within 15 days from the date of such accident, give or cause to be given notice in writing to the clerk of the municipality of such intention, containing the particulars of his claim, and stating the place of his residence.
  • Also, in case of any claim for damages to property, moveable or immoveable, a similar notice shall also be given to the clerk of the municipality, within 15 days.
  • You may file your notice of claim in person, by mail or by fax in the form of a letter or on the claims form available below. First and last name and address of claimant must be mentioned on the notice, along with the cause of damage, date and location of incident:

This form is now available on our Westmount's new Citizen Portal.

This portal serves as the gateway to all of the City’s online services in one convenient location, offering a modern and accessible platform that’s quick and easy to use.