Click on the image to access the 2017-18 Fall/Winter Sports and Recreation booklet.
For those who wish to have a printed copy of the guide, it will be available for pick-up at City Hall, Victoria Hall and the Westmount Recreation Centre as of Thursday, May 18, 2017.
- For residents of the City of Westmount, 2017 Fall/Winter Registration starts on Tuesday, June 6.
- For non-residents, registration starts on Tuesday, August 22, 2017.
Registration for all programmes is processed on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority given to Westmount residents according to the dates outlined above.
ONLINE REGISTRATION INFORMATION
What do you need?
Username and password
- If you already have a Username and Password, please click here to register. A reminder that all accounts are suspended as of December 31st, 2016. Two proofs of residency for 2017 must be presented at the Sports and Recreation office in order to activate your account.
- If you or a family member is a returning participant who has previously registered with the Westmount Sports & Recreation Department since 2011 please email email@example.com to obtain your username and password.
- If you or a family member has a valid 2017 Westmount Sports Facility Membership Card please click here to register and click on “Membership Card Holders With No Username Or Password.” Follow steps to access account.
- If you have not registered with the Westmount Sports & Recreation Department or purchased a Westmount Sports Facility Card since 2011 please click here to register and click on “Create Account.” Follow steps to create account.
How to register
- Access the online registration system: click here to register.
- Click on “My Account” at the top of the page and login with your username and password; then click the “Submit” button.
- Choose the “Activities” tab at the top of the page.
- In the left-hand menu, choose the desired category and program.
- Click on the orange arrow corresponding to the desired group.
- Verify the information and click on “Add to shopping cart”
- Where additional family members are associated with the account, select the name of the person to register and click on “Next”.
- To register for another program or for registering another family member, click on “Add an activity” and repeat steps 2 to 5.
- Verify the information in the shopping cart and click on “Checkout”
Complete the transaction
- Select “Credit card – Internet Transaction” as the payment method and click on “Next.” You will then be redirected to our secure online payment server.
- Fill in all requested fields and click on “Pay.”
- Once the payment is made, a message appears on the screen to confirm the successful completion of the transaction.
Registration for all programmes is processed on a first-come, first served basis, with priority given to Westmount residents according to the dates outlined.
Fees must be paid in full upon registration using one of the following: Visa or MasterCard only for on-line, cheque (made to the order of City of Westmount), Visa, MasterCard or cash/Interac if registering in person. All taxes are included. Cheques returned because of non-sufficient funds (NSF cheques) are subject to a $35 fee.
Programmes with insufficient registration may be cancelled.When a programme is cancelled, all participants will be entitled to an automatic refund. Unless otherwise noted, minimum registration for all programmes is 10 participants.
For participants who withdraw from programmes, all refund requests must be submitted in writing and will be subject to a $15 administration fee.
- A full refund, less the administration fee, will be issued for requests received the week prior to the start date of the programme.
- A pro-rated refund, less the administration fee, will be issued for requests received the week of the start date of the programme.
- No refunds will be issued as of the second week of a programme unless a valid medical note or proof of work transfer is submitted; in these cases a pro-rated refund, less the administration fee, will be issued.
Summer Camp/Swim Lessons/Tennis lessons:
- A full refund, less the administration fee, will be issued for requests received at least 7 days prior to the start date of the camp or lessons.
- No refunds will be issued within 7 days of or after the start date of camp or lessons unless a valid medical note or proof of work transfer
is submitted; in these cases a pro-rated refund, less the administration fee, will be issued.
- A full refund, less the administration fee, will be issued for requests received prior to the start of the season.
- Requests received within the first 50% of the season, a pro-rated refund, less the administration and equipment fee, will be issued.
- No refunds or credits will be issued after 50% of the season has been played unless a valid medical note or proof of work transfer is
submitted; in these cases a pro-rated refund, less the administration and equipment fee, will be issued.
- Any transfers made between programmes / camps / lessons within 7 days of the start date will be charged the administration fee.
No transfers will be made after the start date.
Non-residents may register for Westmount programmes and activities following the Resident Registration period (see dates in the appropriate booklet). Please note, however, that non-residents must pay a fee surcharge of 55% for all programmes.
Any person aged 18 and over is required to provide two (2) recent (within 3 months) proofs of residency along with one (1) piece of photo identification.
Accepted Proofs of Residency:
- Westmount Tax Bill
- Westmount Electricity Bill
- Hydro Westmount Welcome Letter
- Cable or Telephone Bill (Note: Cell phone bills not accepted)
- Gaz Metro Bill
- Statement from Financial Institutions
- Official School Documents
- Official Federal/Provincial/Municipal documents
Accepted Photo Identification:
- Driver’s License
- Medicare Card
- Student ID
Anyone between the ages of 4 and 17 is required to provide one (1) proof of residency along with one (1) proof of age.
Accepted proof of residency
- Official School Documents
- Official Federal/Provincial/Municipal Documents
Accepted proof of age:
- Medicare Card
Proxy registration may be done for ONE additional family only. TWO proofs of residence are required.
Please take note that due to the flexibility offered by the registration process, participants are strongly encouraged to register on-line, in person or apply by proxy with the help of a neighbour. Should this not be possible, however, registration forms can be sent by mail or fax according to the appropriate dates outlined in the booklet as follows:
Sports & Recreation
City of Westmount
4675 St. Catherine Street West
Westmount QC H3Z 1S4
When registering by mail or by fax, please include your payment information on the registration form (credit card – Visa or MasterCard only). Don’t forget to include copies of your proofs of residence!
Please take note that Westmount residents who register within the registration period are guaranteed a place in the program or activity of their choice.* Outside of the registration period, however, should a programme be full, your name will be placed on a waiting list. You will be contacted if a space becomes available.
Sports and Recreation strongly recommends that participants sign up for winter sessions during the fall/winter registration period.