Victoria Hall Community Centre | 4626 Sherbrooke Street West | 514 989-5226
The Gallery at Victoria Hall is a unique public space dedicated to visual arts linking the community centre to the Conservatory and the Library. Seven exhibitions are presented in The Gallery each year. Westmount artists may submit proposals between February 15 and April 15 annually for the next exhibition season.
- Monday to Friday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday: closed
Invitation to Westmount artists
Emerging or professional artists who are residents of Westmount are invited to apply.
The Gallery at Victoria Hall
Located next to Westmount Conservatory, the Gallery at Victoria Hall presents seven art exhibitions annually, including a community youth art show and a summer group exhibition.
Proposals are evaluated by the Gallery Selection Committee. A visit to the artist’s studio may be requested during the evaluation period. Selected artists will be offered a solo or group exhibition at the discretion of the Committee. Please note that decisions made by the Selection Committee are final and that no evaluation of the artwork will be provided. All applicants will be advised in writing of the decision.
How to apply
Proposal MUST include:
- 10 digital images of recent work (on CD, DVD or USB key) for a season exhibition or 5 digital images for the summer group show exhibition;
- A descriptive list of the images submitted – title, medium, size, year completed, etc.;
- A short curriculum vitae;
- An artist’s statement;
- Any technical requirements;
- A self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of your dossier;
- Please indicate whether you are applying for a season exhibition, the summer group exhibition, or both.
NB: Artists that have already participated in an exhibition in the Gallery at Victoria Hall are not eligible to resubmit for a minimum of 5 years.
Please mail or drop off your complete proposal (online submission will not be accepted) to:
Victoria Hall Community Centre
Gallery Selection Committee
4626 Sherbrooke Street West
Westmount, QC H3Z 1G1
- Julie-Anne Cardella | Director, Library & Community Events | 514 989-5429
- Donna Lach | Assistant Director, Library & Community Events | 514 989-5386
- Virginia Elliott | Project Manager, Community Events | 514 989-5265
- Hélène Mitko | Technician, Community Events | 514 989-5521
- Emily Gamble | Agent, Community Events & Logistics | 514 989-5226